Terra Estate GmbH & Co. KG is an agricultural investment and asset management company established as a result of successful cooperation between agricultural consulting and insurance sectors.
Terra Estate is an efficient investment tool with participation of a large German insurance company and is aimed at diversifying its portfolio by investing in solid and sustainable assets. The major share of the managed capital is being invested in the farmland, complemented with investments in the commercial forestry and rural infrastructure. The farmland is leased on long-term basis to local professional farmers or is directly operated through local contractors.
Terra estate is managed by the team which uniquely combines long term experience of agricultural consulting, financial management and practical farming expertise. Thus, the company builds and manages its portfolio following “From Farmer to Farmer” approach:
- we carefully evaluate and select the land plots to establish long term and widely diversified portfolio
- we refuse to buy land for speculations and re-development, making all farmland available for farming
- we offer long-term land rental opportunities for farmers to gap the lack of liquidity and access to investment capital
- we individually approach each purchase and leasing agreement providing each farmer an opportunity to sell the farm land with lease-back and/or preferential purchase right arrangements
- we provide incentives to ensure sustainable, efficient and environmental friendly farming to allow sustainable incomes for farm operators while increasing the land value
- we follow a long-term strategy in terms of the investment and farm land management practices.